No subject

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:30:07 MST 2015

Well, I installed Kodi (aka XBMC) on my pi and everything seems to be
good after I got the keyboard working and made it so I can exit w/o
the screen blanking out  requiring a reboot. For that last one I can't
run Kodi... it needs to be run as 'kodi-standalone'. There doesn't
appear to be a way to get the kodi pretty icon to load with the
options that make it so it will shut down w/o the screen going black.
Because of this I copied the pretty icon to the desktop, opened it
with a text editor, and am going to gut it with text to run
'kodi-standalone'.

Problem: it isn't working! Here is the text of my script:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/kodi-standalone

I did change the permissions of the file to 700. /usr/bin is the
directory of /kodi-standalone I don't know what else the problem could
be.
--