O/T : Looking for an entry level LAMP developer for contract work.

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Fri Jul 24 19:13:43 MST 2015

Yeah, and I might live 20 more years and watch this unfold... while not
being able to afford health insurance while living in a cardboard
box.....

Now lets walk down memory lane.  I think I must have been 7 or 8 when we
went to burger king.  I think a bag of fries was 15 cents.  Of course a
house payment was $50.00 and gas was probably 10 cents a gallon.

http://www.348-409.com/1964flash.html  348 & 409 were Chevrolet
motors.....

On 2015-07-24 18:46, David Schwartz wrote:
>> On Jul 24, 2015, at 5:38 PM, Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 2015-07-24 11:30, Steve Litt wrote:
>>> On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 05:06:59 -0700
>>
>> I remember the 80's.  I was poor all the way through.  I remember the
>> 17% to 19% mortgages.  It was a rough time......  But health care was
>> cheap.  I went to the ER in 1980 and received 3 stitches and the total
>> bill was $35.  I was making about $4.70/hr and gas was $0.85/gal.
>
> Kids today (so-called millennials) will remember fondly the “good ol’
> days” of their high-school years (2010-2019) when they could get a
> burger for only $10; and they had to put this stuff called “gasoline”
> into their car to make it go. These long-obsolete cars only got them
> 20-30 miles per gallon and cost $4 or so — working out to $0.15 per
> mile, give or take.
>
> In 30 years (2045), just about everything including transportation
> will be powered by electricity generated primarily from renewable
> sources for pennies per megawatt hour.
>
> At that point, most of the Baby Boomers will have died off and our
> healthcare system will have imploded and transformed into more of a
> self-directed system based more on health than sickness. (Hey, we can
> always hope!)
>
> -David

Keith Smith