O/T : Looking for an entry level LAMP developer for contract work.

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Fri Jul 24 18:46:41 MST 2015

> On Jul 24, 2015, at 5:38 PM, Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:
>
> On 2015-07-24 11:30, Steve Litt wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 05:06:59 -0700
>
> I remember the 80's.  I was poor all the way through.  I remember the 17% to 19% mortgages.  It was a rough time......  But health care was cheap.  I went to the ER in 1980 and received 3 stitches and the total bill was $35.  I was making about $4.70/hr and gas was $0.85/gal.

Kids today (so-called millennials) will remember fondly the “good ol’ days” of their high-school years (2010-2019) when they could get a burger for only $10; and they had to put this stuff called “gasoline” into their car to make it go. These long-obsolete cars only got them 20-30 miles per gallon and cost $4 or so — working out to $0.15 per mile, give or take.

In 30 years (2045), just about everything including transportation will be powered by electricity generated primarily from renewable sources for pennies per megawatt hour.

At that point, most of the Baby Boomers will have died off and our healthcare system will have imploded and transformed into more of a self-directed system based more on health than sickness. (Hey, we can always hope!)

-David