cox vs centurylink

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Jul 17 11:01:39 MST 2015

Am 17. Jul, 2015 schwätzte Keith Smith so:

> On 2015-07-17 00:17, der.hans wrote:

> I work from home and have Cox Business.  I have had one short outage in 3 or
> 4 years compared to one or two every year while on a consumer plan.  I ran a

I get a couple late night outages a year and a longer outage every couple
of years.

Getting a tech out the following day is good, but the last outage took a
couple of days to get someone out.

> server for a short time and it seemed to be fine.  I suspect some latency
> since it is not a direct connection to the Internet.  They have always
> treated me well.  When I switched over from consumer to business it cost an
> additional $25/mo.  Not sure of the marginal cost today.  I'm planning on
> setting up a server when I get the time and do my own hosting... at least for
> a while to both same money and learn. And I think initially there is a

I highly recommend it. Remember to ask them to update the reverse dns on
your IPs to your domain. It was a quick and easy phone call.

> contract.  From then on it is month to month which cost more so there is an
> incentive to be on a contract.

New contract goes year to year rather than month to month :(.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  The key to making programs fast is to make them do practically