GnuCOBOL

trent shipley trent.shipley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 17:33:02 MST 2015

I wrote to the newbie list for GnuCOBOL for some help getting started. I'm
writing to the local list to see if anyone has experience with COBOL, and
GnuCOBOL in particular.

I got hired November 17, 2014 to a new job where I will be outsourced to a
financial company. Right now I and 19 other recruits are in a COBOL on IBM
MVS boot camp. We can't get on the training system from home. I took six
semester hours of COBOL on VMS in 1998 and 1999, so I help out some of the
trainees. You can see how GnuCOBOL would be useful.

Community support for GnuCOBOL native on Windows, on a native Linux
partition, or on Linux hosted on Windows (well, personally I use OS X)
would be much appreciated, even if it was just support for installation,
and early compilation and COBOL debugging.