Write on PDFs

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Mon Feb 23 10:59:46 MST 2015

There are a variety of mechanisms, but one I've found to be reliable without creating huge "picture in PDF" results is as follows:
  pdf2ps to convert the PDF to a PostScript file
  Edit PostScript file with your preferred tool (I usually use vi, but that's the "code" view, not wysiwyg)
  ps2pdf to convert the result back to PDF.

There is also a tool (semi-active development, but still somewhat buggy) PDFEdit for basic editing of PDF documents: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfedit/
For just adding a little text here or there, that should work and it's much easier than the method above.