How to set eth0 and eth1

Carlton Brooks linux at carltonbrooks.net
Sat Feb 14 13:56:31 MST 2015

I have an Odroid UX-3. It contains an ethernet port as well as usb3 otg
port.

When I do a ifconfig the results show that I have an eth0 and an eth1.
If I plug in my cat 6 to the ethernet plug it shows I have an eth0 ip of
192.168.1.101.
If I remove the cat 6 from the traditional ethernet plug and then plug
in the otg cable through a usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapter and then run
ifconfig again it shows that I have an eth1 ip of 192.198.1.146.

I can ssh into the traditional ethernet port if the cable is plugged in
using the 192.68.1.101.
If I use the otg setup I can not ssh into the 192.168.1.146.

I went into the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and changed
the MAC address and the names of eth0 and eth1

The settings changed as expected, but I still can not ssh into the otg
setup.

What can I do to make the otg eth0 and be able to ssh into it.

Thanks for anyone who can guide me in the right direction.

Carlton Brooks

**
**