FCC considering proposal to lock down computing devices (routers, PCs, phones, SDRs) to prevent modification | Southgate Amateur Radio News

Jerry Snitselaar dev at snitselaar.org
Sun Aug 30 16:32:37 MST 2015

On Sun Aug 30 15, Eric Oyen wrote:
>I have been trying to hunt that down myself. I will let you know if I can find the link. I did try one of the other links in that story, but it led me to a site that didn't appear to have the story (at least it was not visible to my screen reader on this mac). *sigh* being blind is a total bitch some days.
>
>-eric

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/08/06/2015-18402/equipment-authorization-and-electronic-labeling-for-wireless-devices

The Federal Register has a green button that says 'Submit A Formal
Comment', and further down it tells you how to submit comments in
other ways. If you are truly worried about the contents of the
proposal, perhaps ask the EFF their thoughts on it.

Jerry