cmos

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 09:33:49 MST 2015

Well, something happened to my laptop about 3 months before I moved. What
it would do is: nothing would happen when I turned it on.... not even a
cursor! In any case I decided to try it again earlier today and this time a
screen would load saying something was wrong with the cmos and that it
would be reset upon reboot and to press enter to reboot. I then pressed
enter and that same screen would load. After doing that same thing a couple
of times I pressed the power button until it turned off. Then (without
releasing the button) disconnected the power cord. 30 seconds later
(without releasing the button) I plugged it back in. Now it just turns on
when I plug it in with no regard to the power switch and I do not even get
a cursor As it is now a light on the ethernet port flickers and the caps
lock light lights for one second and then is off for 3. Also the wifi light
is orange and the light by the power jack is blue. Any ideas as to how to
fix this? If I could get this fixed I could use it for my LFS project.

--