did I screws up router?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Aug 10 06:38:17 MST 2015

On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 21:12:32 -0700
Eric Oyen <eric.oyen at icloud.com> wrote:

> I must have gotten lucky here. I have been using the same router and
> same cable modem for about the last 8 years or so. Its an older model
> Linksys (part of the same knows project).  I am going to hate when
> either of those devices finally break.

I bet your house has very good climate control, you have no pets, you
dust and vacuum regularly, and either have no kids or have these
electronics well away from any kids, and you've done a neat cabling job
to keep cables out of the way.

We live in Florida, half the time our air conditioner is busted, have
kids and pets, I'm the world's worst cabler, and we're not good
housekeepers. Our electronics break at a prodigious rate.

We have 22 year old triplets, and we're probably bought them a total of
10 laptops in the last 5 years. What teen agers do to laptops, you
don't even want to know. 8 hours a day running on the bed. Ventilation?
What's that? Oops, I dropped my laptop. Oops, I forgot to unplug my
laptop and walked away, and now the place to plug in the power is
wobbly. Oops!

Luckily, I'm good at repairing things.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21