in need of a computer

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 13:56:13 MST 2015

My ip address is dynamic via cox. (I can't afford a static one!) (I'm
poor.... remember?)
If I connect the modem directly to the modem I get connectivity and all
lights are a solid green. If I connect the modem to a router and then to
the computer I get connectivity and all lights are solid green except the
PC activity light is a flashing orange. If I connect the TV server to the
router or to the modem  with a cable I made for it I get no connectivity
and the flashing orange PC activity light. I did try using a known-good
cable that I did not make (it was not custom built for the purpose) but
still no connectivity (I even drilled a hole from the living room to the
computer room so I didn't have to staple things to the wall and so the run
would be much smaller) . My router is the DSL modem/router I was using in
AZ.. I even tried using the ancient Linksys wrt54g router.
I did change the ports around and always it is the Pi that will not work.