Chrome/chromium constantly exhausting file handlers/ulimits

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Wed Apr 15 12:48:00 MST 2015

I have seen both Chrome and Chromium go ape s#&$ on my system.  While it
does happen very occasionally on other systems, my old netbook that only
runs 32bit is damn near unusable with either browser... I have had to
resort to xombrero.

And yes, Google does EVERYTHING in Linux.  They use Ubuntu as the corporate
standard in house.  But sometimes I think they suffer from the same problem
as Sun used to... they are so used to nearly inexhaustible pockets, they
forget that sometimes people have old, small machines.

Kevin