Phone apps for setting up personal WiFi hotspots with lots of DHCP addresses?

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Tue Sep 23 18:16:48 MST 2014

Thanks but this has to be accessible to anybody.

No jailbreaks.

AFAIK this is NOT a hardware limitation. It’s just that the folks who provide hotspot apps are all in cahoots with the phone companies who don’t want people setting up one phone that everybody at Starbucks can use for free.

Personally, I don’t get it, because the performance of these hotspots isn’t that good anyway when you have multiple clients connected to them — which probably IS a hardware limitations.

-David