Installfest related question

Harold iscreamkid at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:17:22 MST 2014

I am looking forward to the delivery of a new PC, which has Win 7
installed on it.

I would like to bring it to the Sept 20 installfest for advice and
assistance in setting the machine up with the latest version Centos
64-bit system.

I would like to be able to run Win 7 either in a VM or as dual boot.

I haven't had a Windows system for quite a number of years and I know
some changes have been made.

If I boot the system and test (play around with it) will I be
compromising my ultimate goal by having Win tie into the motherboard, or
calling home or some such system change that will prevent setting up
dual boot or getting a copy of the system for use in a VM environment?

My goal for the Win system, in addition to learning what changes have
been made since XP will be to run Minecraft and the Garmin GPS update
program.

Sorry if this is too long and confused, but at the moment I am a bit
confused.

Harold