OT - Open Source Business Intelligence Software

John J. Macey jjmacey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 17:17:55 MST 2014

> In open source the basic statistical tool pretty much seems to be R.

Trent,

Strange that you should mention R. I graduated from a University in
Philly, and visited that school 2 months ago. It had been forever since
I'd been back here. I was given a semester to engage in independent
study in Physiology. Something to do with toxins / nerves. It was the
early days of computing. H-P plotters were the standard of plotting
data. Man, this is a throw back! ARPANET was started.

Once I was there, I found my aged mentor was still around. He'd been the
Chairman of the Department of Biology, and I bought him lunch. Once we
gotten done reminiscing we went back to his lab, and he showed me
something. It was written in R, and it to do with cardio vascular
response. He'd asked me, if I knew R, said no, asked for a copy, and he
took it away.

I've been through graduate statistics, used mainframes, and early COBOL,
and FORTRAN. What did I miss? LOL!

I just want to do data mining, scraping, gathering, and deliver
something regarding the direction of biotech in regard to a company that
I work for - which will change - on the client's mood. LOL!

Thanks for that pass done memory lane!

Still, want to match an Equity Firm in Europe with the possibility of
merger with a target. I've delivered several options, based upon my
global network, but want to dig deeper.

THX for your response, but still need more to scrape, gather, in the
open source methodology. This means gather available options versus what
I don't know to be existing data sets. Which, I don't know exist.

Hmm... Can I tell you about Jelly Fish toxins?

Buy you a Philly Cheese Steak?

Regards,

John