OT - Open Source Business Intelligence Software

trent shipley trent.shipley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 16:39:59 MST 2014

In open source the basic statistical tool pretty much seems to be R.
I get the impression that it works well, though not as well as SPSS,
and not nearly as well as SAS.

The database varies with what kind of data science/data analysis/data
mining you want to do. What kind of data do you intend to collect?
What do you want to do with the data? How big is the data? Is it
relational? Is it organized in some sense? Is XML or text based? Is it
on a transactional production database? Does the database have to
approach ACID compliance?

Or do you just want a laundry list of open source databases, their
associated tools, and possible open source analysis tools?