memory

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 09:35:10 MST 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 10:14 AM, <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:

> My question is what is the computer used for?  Are you using it for your
> Linux from scratch project?

Well.... what happened is I was using my laptop as my main computer (which
I have since learned is BAD); I was running everything through it. Then the
card reader didn't work. No problem, I rarely use that feature anyways and
I got a USB Multicard Reader/Writer. Then certain keys started not working
(and things were progressively getting worse). No problem, I got a USB
keyboard/mouse. Then when I was at the airport to go to FL I found the
internet switch didn't work. Time to take it to a repair shop. Well, I can
still use it for finances until I get it to a shop when I return from
Surfside. Then the fan wasn't working. Then I got back from FL and took the
computer to a repair shop.... SO I then took my Linux from Scratch computer
and turned it into my central computer. This means I'll have to get another
computer for Linux from Scratch and start all over with LFS. I told the
lady at the repair shop about the fan, the dropping keys, and the internet
switch (forgot about the reader). She got back to me yesterday and said
that the fan was working just fine and that the keyboard needed to be
replaced. I inquired about the internet switch and she said it was a part
of the keyboard. I'm now thinking that the card reader is a part of the
keyboard too but I don't know.