memory

Carruth, Rusty Rusty at smartm.com
Thu Oct 9 14:36:19 MST 2014

Well, maybe.  I don’t' remember if he gave us a 'top' output, which includes the 'load avg'.  If that is much above one you're probably disk limited.  I'd be very interested in the top part of the 'top' output.

And I've been using 'underpowered' CPUs for a long time and not feeling much if any pain - but then I tend to overkill the ram.  4G is minimum, IMHO.

Also 'just browsing the web' CAN eat lots of memory....  Which can drive you into disk thrashing.  Been there, done that WAY too often...

Rusty