CentOS 7 and BIND

Anthony Radzykewycz anthony.radzykewycz at gatewaycc.edu
Fri Nov 21 08:21:54 MST 2014

Lisa,

Here are the results of what you requested. I did try the very last
thing you mentioned already and BIND will still not start.  Thank you
for your help on this.

ls -lF /etc/named* /var/run/

-rw-r-----. 1 root named 2090 Nov 19 20:13 /etc/named.conf
-rw-r-----. 1 root named 2086 Nov 19 20:00 /etc/named.conf~
-rw-r--r--. 1 root named 2389 Jun 10 01:13 /etc/named.iscdlv.key
-rw-r-----. 1 root named  931 Jun 21  2007 /etc/named.rfc1912.zones
-rw-r--r--. 1 root named  487 Jul 19  2010 /etc/named.root.key
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root     6 Nov 19 15:18 /var/run -> ../run/

/etc/named:
total 0

[root at stnicholas ~]# rpm -V caching-nameserver
package caching-nameserver is not installed
[root at stnicholas ~]# yum -y install caching-nameserver
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, product-id, subscription-manager
This system is not registered with Subscription Management. You can
use subscription-manager to register.
 * base: centos.mirrors.tds.net
 * extras: repos.redrockhost.com
 * updates: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
Package 32:bind-9.9.4-14.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

cat /etc/sysconfig/named
# BIND named process options
#
# OPTIONS="whatever"     --  These additional options will be passed to named
#                            at startup. Don't add -t here, enable proper
#                            -chroot.service unit file.

[root at stnicholas ~]# ls -laZ /etc/named.conf /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf
-rw-r-----. root named unconfined_u:object_r:named_conf_t:s0 /etc/named.conf
-rw-r-----. root root  unconfined_u:object_r:etc_t:s0