fragmentation on a USB drive

Harold iscreamkid at gmail.com
Sun May 25 18:38:25 MST 2014

Fragmentation is a function of the characteristics of the operating system.
I can't see how a difference in the media will affect it one way or the
other.

On the other hand, solid state drives sometimes have a setup that writes
to different portions of the media when it is writing.
This spreads the writes around to different portions of the device so
the wear is not all in the same spot.

Harold