Need Help With Slightly Borked Debian Testing System

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Mar 5 18:45:28 MST 2014

Brian,

Well that was fun....I had one failure and one warning...

[FAIL] Starting NFS common utilities: statd failed! - I don't use NFS, so
not sure why this is happening

depmod: WARNING: could not open
/var/tmp/mkinitramfs_RMlg1E/lib/modules/3.1.0-1-amd64/modules.builtin: No
such file or directory

The warning looks serious. However, a reboot after the apt-get upgrade
returned gnome 3 as the default desktop.

However, aptitude is still very confused and cannot resolve all the
dependencies.

Should I go for broke and try an apt-get dist-upgrade, or be happy with my
current situation and just use apt-get? I feel as if I am pushing my luck!
;)

Mark