After update wireless has to be reset each time

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 19:04:17 MST 2014

I can't help Joe, but the natural question is are they both on the same
release of the OS and do they both use the same wireless chip?

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 1:52 PM, <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your encouraging comments Nathan ;)
>
> Other than the problem I described (below), my systems seem to be working
> okay. So, I am still hoping that someone will tell me what I need to do
> to get wireless to restart automatically on the one computer where that
> stopped working after the last update. Because that function still works
> fine on the other nearly identical computer.
>
> Joe
>

> -------------
> Nathan last wrote (in part):
> > Death to *buntu! I'm soooo tired of it. I think I officially hate it,
> > not that I was much of a fan before.
> > P.S. sorry to add more dark clouds to your storm Joe, but just
> > wanted you to know *buntu has bit lots of people lately...
>
> --------------
> Joe previously wrote:
> >> I have two Thinkpads running Ubuntu. Both used to automatically
> >> reconnect to my wireless network after closing and opening
> >> the lid each time.
> >> After running the latest updates, one of them still works as before,
> >> but on the other, I have to re-enter the wireless key every time
> >> I close and open the lid. Why? What did the update wreck this time?
> >>
> >> What do I need to do to restore the proper operation that
> >> I previously had so that each time I open the lid or restart
> >> the computer, my wireless connection automatically reconnects?

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.