Useless and meaningless rant about my hate for Linux Mint...

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sat Jun 21 23:16:12 MST 2014

On 06/21/2014 12:39 PM, kitepilot at kitepilot.com wrote:
> Maybe I learn something after all...
> I did learn to hate KDE years ago when there were so many things running
> under the hood that it killed all performance.
> Unity I just can't digest it...
> I'll install a KDE virtual and give it a try, I may change my mind!

I think you might be pleasantly surprised.  It's a whole lot faster than
it used to be.  For instance, it worked OK on a couple of core 2 duo
laptops that I installed it on back when the laptops were new.  These
days it feels like it's running on a totally different machine that is
significantly faster.  It's definitely not the same beast that it was in
the 3.5 days and far from the tragic wreck that it was in the early 4.0
days.

Brian Cluff