Useless and meaningless rant about my hate for Linux Mint...

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Sat Jun 21 14:02:23 MST 2014

Brian last wrote (in very small part ;)
> Re: KDE ... these days it's quite small.

Brian, your comments (and advice and guidance) are always especially
helpful and very, very much appreciated.

I, too, much prefer KDE and Mint to the many other distros that I have
tried.  Sometimes, I get very frustrated with changes that they make that
often seem to me to create a frustrating nuisance and make things worse
than the way things were before the change.  I do *despise* everything
about nepomuk and akonadi and never seem to have been able to totally
eliminate it from my systems.

Also, for example, I really wish they would bring back the hide button
for the start line.

Most annoying to me is when they force new things on us instead of just
giving the option to "opt-in" if we should choose to do so.

Yet, all-in-all, I am just so incredibly thankful to not have to live
with that most horrific of all annoyances that is M$. Every time I have
to try to help my dear bride with her M$ box, I praise God again that I
don't have to contend with that.