can't ssh from host to remote

Fri Jul 18 15:36:35 MST 2014

What you can do is disable DHCP on the second router (The one not
connected to your ISP). Then connect the LAN port of the second router
to the LAN on the First router. It is important that you have the DHCP
service disabled on the second router! Do not use the Internet/WAN port
of the second router.

Gilbert