Why did my Linux Mint system crash? - update

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Tue Jan 14 20:33:49 MST 2014

The first thing I would do is check to see if all the cooling fans are
spinning full speed or at all.  If they are, check that your heat syncs
all securely stuck to their chips.  If they wiggle at all, you'll need
to pull them off and  Clean off all the old heat sync compound, reapply
new stuff and put it back together.

I just recently had a computer that was doing weird things.  Turned out
that one of the 4 clips that held the CPU heatsync/fan down had come
loose and was causing a gap between the heat sync and CPU.  I pulled it
off, cleaned it up and stuck it back down and it's been fine ever since.

Brian Cluff