OT: Managing a Contact List

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 12:50:14 MST 2014

Excellent info!!

------------------------
Keith Smith

On Friday, February 14, 2014 11:58 AM, "joe at actionline.com" <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

A few ideas that may be useful to someone:

1) There are several services that provide a free phone number
by which to receive faxes by email free. We use one of those.

2) When I need a document "scanned," I use either my cell phone
camera or my Nexus7 tablet which

3) On the *rare* occasion that I need to send a fax because
email transmission of documents is not accepted, I use faxzero.com

4) Recently, I discovered 'tesseract' for OCR on Linux and it
does an amazingly good job to convert jpg or pdf documents to text.

So, I often take a snapshot of a document with my Nexus 7 tablet
and scan the result with tesseract to get text. Works great!

We do have a cheap Canon printer/scanner/fax in a back room,
but now I rarely go there to use it for anything.

Just FWIW.