security

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Mon Feb 10 21:40:43 MST 2014

I have a copy of OSF.8759 somewhere.  I was infected a long time ago
courtesy of an infected database server from a commercial library
information system that my work had just purchased.

That thing was as infectious as it gets.  If you cleaned up your system
and missed even a single binary, it would reinfect all the other
binaries almost immediately.  The only reason I even noticed that I had
it was that certain binaries (ls) started crashing under certain
circumstances.  No slow downs or anything else like that.

That was the one and only virus that I have ever gotten on Linux and
it's been over 10 years since that wonderful experience.

Brian Cluff