donations at end of year

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Dec 31 00:32:56 MST 2014

moin moin,

last month I led a discussion on how to sanitize electronics before
donating them.

The end of the year is also a good time to donate money to the projects that
have helped us during the year.

We don't buy Firefox, our favorite distro or any other Free Software that
we use. Many projects have ways for us to donate money. Some will sell
support contracts.

What projects are indispensable for you?

This year PLUG has had presentations on projects such as GIMP, Blender,
KeePassX, ZFS, Firefox, Privoxy, Sensu, WireShark, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, bash,
and Salt Stack.

Many non-profits help us by supporting FOSS, Open Standards and online
privacy. Plus, there are all those Free Software projects that benefit us.

FSF, Ada Initiative, Software Freedom Conservancy, Software Freedom Law
Center, EPIC, Creative Commons, Mozilla and EFF to name just a few
non-profits :).

debian, LibreOffice, Jenkins, and several others can receive onations
dthrough Software in the Public Interest.

libbraille ( for braille readers ), Evergreen ( integrated library system
), Inkscape, BusyBox, Sugar Labs, Wine, Samba and many others can receive
donations through the Software Freedom Conservancy.

Mozilla makes it easy to give money to developers for addons such as
NoScript and FoxyProxy.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.