Media Center setup

koder iscreamkid at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 19:13:46 MST 2014

I am a bit confused with the topic.

The book Linux Toys gives a cookbook recipe for building a Linux based
Digital Video Recorder. Is that what we are building here?
The book was written before the analog to digital conversion.

I know a couple of members in the group have been working on this project.

The question I have been wondering about is what would be the best
digital card to use for off air digital gathering?

Where in the system would the pi fit?

A system I was using wourld only be running a few hours a day at the
most, to record a couple of shows and then display them on the set.
Am I missing something?

Harold