Media Center setup

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sun Dec 28 18:05:50 MST 2014

I would heavily recommend that you don't use a regular computer to just
stream video.  Instead I would get a low power ARM based single board
computer.  The reason being that the full computer will quickly, within
a couple of months, use so much power that you could have have purchased
the SBC and powered it for years with the same amount of power/money.
It will literally cost hundreds to run a computer 24/7 just to steam video.
Once you have that, there are a number of programs that will fill your
needs, the most popular is XBMC, which has custom images for SBCs such
as the Raspberry PI and I believe they also work on the BananaPI which
is much more powerful, processor wise, and not that much more expensive.

Brian Cluff