OT: Eclipse -vs- Titanium

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Dec 15 14:07:21 MST 2014

I read that Google has stopped supporting Eclipse for Android development.
You should probably switch to Android Studio, which just released version
1.0.

>From http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/eclipse-adt.html:

*Note:* If you have been using Eclipse with ADT, be aware that Android
Studio <http://developer.android.com/tools/studio/index.html> is now the
official IDE for Android, so you should migrate to Android Studio to
receive all the latest IDE updates. For help moving projects, see Migrating
to Android Studio <http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/migrate.html>
.

Other articles said that Google would support Eclipse only until Android
Studio version 1.0 was released.

Eclipse was great for a long time, and I still like it for all other Java
development.

You might also look at AIDE. An IDE that runs on Android. It can read both
eclipse and Android Studio Android projects. Coupled with git or Dropbox,
you can have a portable development studio for Android that runs without an
emulator - projects run natively on the Android device running AIDE.

Mark