NEW TEMPORARY LOCATION: Free/Open Source Software Stammtisch on Tues (12/16)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Dec 14 17:43:14 MST 2014

Am 14. Dez, 2014 schwätzte Matt Graham so:

moin moin,

> On 2014-12-14 15:10, Eric Oyen wrote:
>> sounds like the new owner of the old stamtisch meeting place just
>> shot themselves in the foot.
>
> Or the PLUG people weren't spending enough money to suit the new owner. Some
> of us are kind of frugal :-)

They were doing fine off of us. We always get complements from the staff
for being good customers and being easy to work with. We get complements
from the staff at Iguana Macks as well, but the manager doesn't get it.

It's true that some attendess are frugal ( or they ate elsewhere because
there were no vegetarian options ), but overall they get a good dinner
crowd booking. Only a few people drink, so they don't get a bar crowd
booking. It's a win for a Tuesday evening when we often double the crowd
for the night.

The restaurant we're moving to wants to earn our business. It's owned by
the same family that owns a location we used to go to. The old location
had a couple of issues: no parking; very busy Tuesday nights; slow service
on very busy Tuesday nights. The new location won't have the Tuesday
trivia, so won't be busy on Tuesday nights and has lots of parking.
Hopefully there will be consistent good service. It's a bar, it's not a
fine dining experience, but the menu has variety and I like their food.

A huge difference is that the owner wants us to come in. He's glad to have
a good, regular customer base return. The manager of the location we're
using in December contacted me to see what we need for a reservation even
though he knows we only need one month. That's far more consideration than
we've gotten from Iguana Macks.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  If you don't think for yourself, others will think for you --