Second computer.

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Mon Dec 8 20:22:38 MST 2014

Because it will run Linux just fine and a VPS will be $20 - $50 or more
per month.  It is a great buy.

If this machine is anything like the Vista machine I bought about 7
years ago it will be a nice Linux box to play with and learn on!!

The CPU might even support Visualization.  Mine was a little under
powered, however it would have run just fine with something like Mint.

You could even make it into a LAMP server.  I'm running an old single
core AMD laptop as a dev box and it run Drupal just fine.  It struggled
with Drupal Kickstart but still worked.  I think the Vista machine might
have more power than my old laptop.

On 2014-12-08 19:59, Stephen Partington wrote:
> Why would I want one of these ancient monsters... I am better off with
> a VM.
> On Dec 8, 2014 7:18 PM, "Michael Havens" <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There isn't really an excuse not to have a second PC with all of the
>> windows PCs that are being donated to second hand stores/thrift
>> shops. You go in there and look at what they want for the computers
>> and then find a person to negotiate a price with and if it has an OS
>> less than windows seven start negotiations at 1/4  to 1/2 what they
>> are asking. I got a Vista PC for $25. Tell them that the PC you are
>> looking at has an operating system that is no longer supported and
>> that because of that it will take extra work.

Keith Smith