FTTH Areas

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Dec 4 15:22:17 MST 2014

The local phone company, whatever name they are calling themselves these
days, rolled out their fiber service in my older neighborhood (alma
school and warner area in chandler).
I used to have a horrible time with cox much as you describe but then I
realized that I was still running a DOCSIS 2 cable modem and immediately
upgraded to an 8 up 4 down DOCSIS 3 modem and I haven't had a single
problem since.  My download speed is now ridiculously fast and
consistent and my VOIP home phone service has never even had so much as
a blip even with downloading server torrents at once.  Uplink speeds
seem to be mostly limited by the destination and regularly hit 1 to 2 or
more Megabytes per second.

Brian Cluff