Plug - Who is it?

Shawn Badger shawn at badger.pro
Wed Dec 3 07:31:42 MST 2014

I see no real advantage to PLUG becoming a 501c3. The group has no dues and
has to my knowledge never charged for anything besides a t-shirt that was
purely optional.  If you are so petty that you can't buy a pizza or buy
yourself a few things that makes things you do for the group easier then
you may be in the wrong group.

I know Hans and Brain both have contributes thousands of dollars over the
years and I have never even heard them once ask for any help. Anything
money I have spent on the group is because I choose to for the bettering of
the group not because of a tax break.

I think the 501c3 would just add an extra burden on someone in the group to
keep it up but really serve no value to the group. It won't get us more
presenters or more supplies for installfest.

Just my two cents though.

Just my two cents though