Need Linksys Powercord

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Tue Dec 2 09:47:14 MST 2014

Good tip here, going to expand a bit...

I've taught a few non-ee folks over the years this that happen to ask so
as not to have to junk something for a lost power supply, but just
ensure the power supply puts out as much power as the previous unit to
meet the amperage demand (ie. 2A requires 2 amperes minimum), matches
voltage (5V, 7V, etc), and obviously the plug form factor/size, usually
the round type, in mm.  Ebay is a good source for replacements, or a
goodwill.

They're mostly interchangeable as long as those match.  Used to buy lots
of things at a swap meet as a kid and mix/match in missing power
supplies for a deal after I learned how ohm's law worked in middle
school.  Still do with used electronics on ebay.

-mb