Save me from MythTV.

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Aug 28 17:27:55 MST 2014

On 08/28/2014 04:05 PM, Friar Puck wrote:
> Or maybe Myth doinked itself during an upgrade and needs a complete
> wipe and re-install.  Has anyone else noticed this problem?  My
> "Schedule Options" are "Don't record...", "Record only this...", "Find
> and record one..." and "Record at any time...".  There is no "weekly"
> option, nor "daily" now that I think of it... perhaps more missing.

The options you are looking for are still in there, they just moved them
to be filters, which they were anyway.  To get to them, go to MythWeb
and look up a show that you would like to record and go to the page that
you would normally go to to schedule it, then click on the word
"(Display)" next to "Advanced Options".  Then down down till you see a
box labeled "filters" about a bunch of check boxes.  The check boces you
are looking for are "This time" to record every day at this time and
"this day and time".  There is also another one that you will probably
want which is the "This channel" option so that I make sure that myth
doesn't try and grab the episode from some weird side channel that only
plays it in Spanish or is in standard definition..etc..etc..

I would highly recommend that you break down and just pay the $25 a year
for a Schedules Direct contract.  It's well worth the money and it
sounds like you will save a LOT more than $25 worth of headaches.  That
will also allow you to reliable just tell the system to record your show
and call it done without having to try and treat a DVR like it's a VCR.
  It also lets you come up with crazy customized scheduling rules like
record all scifi movies made between 1950 and 1975 that are 2 stars or
less (ie, record B movies).  I personally have one that say record all
"specials" on comedy central that are over 1/2 hour. I don't believe the
over the air schedules give you anywhere near the amount of info that
you would need to even start to do custom rules like that.

Brian Cluff