Installfest matters

Alan Dayley adayley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 17:26:00 MST 2014

Great question, Jerry.

Kaoru, I am a supporter of the idea of user groups proliferating in
Arizona. Sometimes one group seems to have a maximum size and grows no
farther, with additional opportunities for contribution stymied by this
amorphous maximum. Additional groups can create space and place for more
people to join in the movement. More groups also means more variety of
topics and faster learning for those who want to regularly attend the
meetings of several groups. We might hope that someday there may be so many
user groups that it is not possible to prevent conflicting meeting times
and dates.

Today is not that day. It is disappointing to think that a new group would
choose to meet on the same day and time of another long established group.

Alan