Installfest matters

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue Aug 19 01:02:59 MST 2014

Great idea!  I doubt that you will get them (him) to agree to follow
anything that includes rules and structure to allow for success (& a large
healthy LUG).  As long as people are arguing minutia they will never notice
all the secondary gain that keeps successful professionals uninvolved and
uninterested.  In 2002 I suggested Nonprofit status so people running the
LUG functions and donating funds and equipment can write off reasonable tax
exceptions.  I wrote the whole process up in the discuss list which was the
impetus for heatsink labs in Mesa to jump to grants and success through
internships, etc.  I told Hans I would do it all myself and he laughed in
my face.

Anyone who has lived in a comparably sized city knows what a healthy LUG is
capable of simply by following direction already decreed in various guides.
So, after the installfest conversation in PLUG IRC yesterday regarding
installfest matters, I noticed that a lot of the items discussed are
actually guidelines already presented in the Linux Installfest HOWTO.

Many improvements to the PLUG Installfest can be made by following these
guidelines.

Why are we beating a dead horse...
Many of these items are part of the HOWTO already.

I propose the Linux Installfest HOWTO be used as a guide for discussion and
installfests. Has everyone had a chance to look these over?
Can we agree to use the HOWTO as a guideline?

I believe these installfest items will be on the table for discussion
tomorrow evening. Is that correct?

If so, I will be attending but not exactly at 7pm. You can either fill me
in or wait. I'm thinking 8ish at the latest.

As far as I am concerned, I think one thing we can improve and hopefully
agree upon is following the installfest HOWTO as a guideline.

See you tomorrow!!!
:)

Marcia