crypto lock

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 14:10:17 MST 2014

"Please provide your email address [1] and an encrypted file [2] that has
been encrypted by CryptoLocker.
This portal will then email you a master decryption key along with a
download link to our recovery program
<https://www.decryptcryptolocker.com/Decryptolocker.exe> that can be used
together with the master decryption key to repair all encrypted files on
your system. "

explains why there. it might take some time to digest and break the file to
return your key. so there is likely a queue.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Bob Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 04:19:55AM +0000, Michael Havens wrote:
> > Someone said a friend got ransomware on their computer?
> >
> > Through a partnership that included researchers from FOX-IT and FireEye,
> > researchers managed to recover the private encryption keys that
> > CryptoLocker uses to lock victims' personal computer files until they
> pay a
> > $300 ransom. They also reverse engineered the binary code at the heart of
> > the malicious program. The result: a website that allows victims to
> recover
> > the key <http://www.decryptcryptolocker.com/> for their individual
> content
>
> Why would they need email addresses? Also, businesses attacked by this
> malware would probably be reluctant to send their encrypted files.
>
> --
> Bob Holtzman
> Giant intergalactic brain-sucking hyperbacteria
> came to Earth to rape our women and create a race
> of mindless zombies.  Look!  It's working!

Stephen