Revisionist history?

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 01:27:46 MST 2014

whats even more interesting, MS didn't even invent it. they "appropriated" it from a man in seattle for all of $50,000. It was originally called QDOS (Quick and dirty Operating system).

In fact when you get down to it, MS "appropriated" rather a number of items from others (like the mouse from 3M). They didn't even invent the windowing interface (the X desktop existed in UNIX long before 1985) and used CDE). THey only reinvented it for MS-Dos (as well as being the subcontractor for apple when they coded the windowing interface for the Macintosh). ABout the only things that MS did well were a complete office suite and SOme server side applications.

So yes, they have tried to bury Linux, obfuscate where they got a lot of their ideas from and generally been greedy and seeking total control of the OS market. Even to this day, I still will use either a mac or Linux (both have built in accessibility). Windows is too much a pain to properly deal with as a blind computer user (and the accessibility software to make windows work for me is just too damned pricey).

-eric