OT: Wanted: Android App Developer $??? Reward ...

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Mon Aug 4 15:16:45 MST 2014

Just to clarify ...

David Schwartz and Paul Mooring last wrote, in part:

>> David wrote: I’ve talked with Joe about his app. To his credit,
>> he’s focused mainly on the app. But what he’s missed is that,
>> IMHO, he’s over-spec'ed it to the point where you'd need so much
>> custom code to implement what appears to be a simple tool that
>> he’ll never be happy with the end result.

> Paul wrote: As far as Joe's project being "over-spec'ed" in any
> case the spec is what it is. When I referred to the "just one
> more thing" problem before, I meant the same thing I think you
> mean when you say it's overspec'ed. there's nothing wrong with
> wanting things a particular way and the best apps/projects
> really do sweat the details. The root of the problem is that
> non-devs *greatly* underestimate the time and effort involved
> in those details.

Just to clarify my objective ...

There is nothing in my exactingly detailed "app" specs that does not
already exist in hundreds of FREE apps that currently appear in the
Google Playstore.

How likely is it that someone paid $100,000 or $10,000 or even just
$2,000 to get one of those hundreds of FREE apps built in order to just
give them away FREE?

Therefore, it is difficult for me to understand why, when there is such a
proliferation of apps currently doing the simple things that I am seeking
to do, that it could be so difficult, so time-demanding, and so costly to
replicate those simple FREE apps that already exist in such abundance?

Friends ... I'm not trying to invent a new wheel, here.

I'm just trying to get an app built that can read one single book, search
for chapters to read, scroll-within chapters, flip-pages from chapter to
chapter, and search for keywords within that one book ... all of which my
current html-only websites are now doing.

Surely it cannot be so difficult to accomplish the same thing with an
Android app?

BTW: It cost me only $200 bucks to get the current first-edition of this
app built (by a novice) and launched with an opening screen that fills
the screen perfectly in both portrait and rotated to landscape modes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CompareBibleVersionsPackage