OT- What I got today

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:57:00 MST 2014

I have encountered a few people from that country that called it
Persia.  I've also talked to people from Vietnam who use the name Saigon
for the city the communists named Ho Chi Minh city.  I guess it depends
on the person and what they like to call it.

On 04/28/2014 12:55 PM, JD Austin wrote:
> I once had a client with an interesting accent.. so I said "You have
> an interesting accent... where are you from?"  He answered "Persia"..
> which was the first clue that things weren't going to go well.  Later
> I came to understand he was from Iran which in itself isn't a bad
> thing.  The next time my inner voice speaks I'll listen!
>
> -- JD Austin
> Voice: 480.269.4335 (480 2MY Geek)
> jd at twingeckos.com <mailto:jd at twingeckos.com>
>

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM, George Toft <george at georgetoft.com
> <mailto:george at georgetoft.com>> wrote:
>
>     Too funny - getting spam from a country that doesn't even exist.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     George Toft
>
>     On 4/27/2014 9:43 PM, Michael Havens wrote:
>>     yipee! I got my first foreign spam today from persia!

"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore