OT android question

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 11:18:57 MST 2014

well if you have root, busybox, and adb you can use terminal commands on
any partition you want. In addition i think clockwork recovery has some
partitioning tools also.

there is also android partition manager looks like you can push images with
it. and Diskinfo looks useful for gathering information. I dont really see
any one app to rule them all, most of the real work is still done via
ADB/Fastboot.

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Derek Trotter <expat.arizonan at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Thanks, but I tried this once.  It comes with some annoying adware.
> Also the manual they say is available isn't.  I get an error message
> whenever I try to download it.
>
>  On 04/26/2014 07:35 AM, Stephen Partington wrote:
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sylkat.AParted
>
> Is the first thing I have found. Looks interesting.
> On Apr 25, 2014 10:48 PM, "Derek Trotter" <expat.arizonan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  I have an android tablet and have link2sd installed on it so there's
>> room to install what I want on it.  This works fine, however I have to have
>> the ext3 partition with the same data on multiple sd cards I use in the
>> tablet.  I once heard about an app that creates an image file on the part
>> of the internal sd card the user has access to and mounts that image file
>> instead of a partition on the external card.
>>
>> Does anyone know of an app that will do this?  I have looked for weeks
>> and not found it again.  Also how would I go about creating the image file
>> myself and configuring the tablet to use it?
>>
>> I would like to be able to change sd cards without having to shut down
>> the tablet or having to repartition them.
>>
>> Thanks to anyone who can help.
>>
>> Derek
>>
>> --
>> "I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I'm not there, I carry on as usual."
>>
>> Patrick Moore

> "I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I'm not there, I carry on as usual."
>
> Patrick Moore

Stephen