xbmc crashes upon start-help troubleshoot

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:27:15 MST 2014

I'm not getting any help from the xbmc forums on this. I installed xbmc on
my brothers computer upon which I installed mint14. I start xbmc and the
screen blanks out like it should and then it crashes. I did that yesterday.
Today I tried it after installing Mint12.... same thing keeps happening. I
think it might be a part is dieing. I think this because before I installed
Mint14 the computer was a windowsxp machine. I gave it a hard reboot and
 after that it kept wanting to do a file system check but no matter what I
told it to do it would just reboot. So what commands do I have to issue to
troubleshoot the hardware?