Looking for Advice on a New Server

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at Smarth.com
Tue Apr 15 09:07:15 MST 2014

Yeah, I can feel them cringing all the way over here!  ;-)

For many years I ran my email server at home over a 56k dialup dynamic
IP link using a 486 box.  Probably had less than 1M of ram!  Notice
EMAIL only J, though

I'm working on turning an old Acer Revo box into a backup server at
home.  It has an Atom processor with a spot for a laptop hard drive
inside as well as an eSATA connector.  I'm going to install Linux on it,
put my 3TB drive on the eSATA link, and have it back up the world at
home.  Might be slower than an i7, but it's CHEAP and will run at night
anyway.

Yeah, cheap can still be useful J