looking for a junior developer role somewhere in Phoenix...

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Tue Apr 8 22:52:53 MST 2014

Thanks, Hans

I know there are TONS of jobs here in the valley.

Everybody expects “senior” people to hit the ground running, and “junior” people to take a while to come up to speed.  I need a “junior” role for a few months.

To do that, I need to find a hiring manager who’s willing to consider something outside the normal parameters.

Who here knows someone I could talk with?

(I’ve asked around a little at Gangplank and it seems everybody is working with ruby or python and javascript frameworks I’ve never heard of.)

The problem is I’m not getting past the filters for most jobs I apply for.

I’ve found some great job listings with GD, PayPal, Intel, etc. I’ve submitted info and all I get is an email that thanks me for submitting my resume to their employment system. I never hear anything further.

Someone called me from InfusionSoft saying they loved my resume, but where was my Java experience? I said I’d love to work at a lower rate for a while in order to learn it. Never heard back from them either.

I had an interview over at ASM America a couple of weeks ago that seemed like a perfect fit for me, but that didn’t work out for whatever reason. I think they went with an internal transfer.

Speaking of which, TicketMaster likes to brag about all the various properties IAC has (had?) and how easy it was supposed to be to move around the company. I found that was not the case — I never got replies when I applied for anything internally.

It doesn’t help that the recruiters these days seem to have upgraded from telemarketing and customer service positions and don’t have a clue what I’m talking about most of the time. They just go by what the job req says and try to match it up with your resume.

I need some HELP! :-)

-David