No subject

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 09:44:48 MST 2014

Hi,

I have a MySql database that is about 10 years old.  The tables are using the MyISAM data engine.   I see the default as of version 5.5.5 is now InnoDB.  The server is running a stock version of CentOS 6.4 with MySql 5.1.69.  We stay with the standard CentOS upgrade and do not update Apache, MySql, or PHP to other versions.

As I look around it seems the InnoDB data engine is such a better deal.  I'm thinking it might take several years, maybe longer, to see MySql 5.5.5 in the standard CentOS install.

In the mean time I am thinking that a switch to InnoDB might be the way to go especially since we are about to make some major modifications to the app that uses this database.

I have not read anything about any problems in using InnoDB with MySql version prior to 5.5.5.

Is there anything I should be aware of or any potential problems in using InnoDB with MySql versions prior to 5.5.5?

Thank you very much for all your help and insight!!

Keith