Why is odt word count less than text?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Tue Sep 10 13:45:54 MST 2013

Here is the dir list for the text before, the odt,
and the text after exporting from the odt:

   90601 Sep 10 00:51 soteria.txt -- original
   45851 Sep 10 01:14 soteria.odt -- imported to libre
   90503 Sep 10 01:17 soteria2.txt -- exported from libre

I've uploaded each file here:
http://www.upquick.com/temp/soteria.txt -- before
http://www.upquick.com/temp/soteria.odt
http://www.upquick.com/temp/soteria2.txt -- after